‘The Science Museum Group: an unravelling tragedy’, produced with our allies in the Fossil Free Science Museum Coalition, is a brand-new photo book which tells a true story about ‘energy revolution’. This is the story of a struggle between Adani, a major polluter and the Science Museum’s corporate sponsor, and those on the ground who are leading the resistance to its impacts on Indigenous communities and the climate.
View a digital version of the new book by clicking below.
The book brings to life Adani’s impacts with photos and stories from frontline communities in India and Australia related to the long-running resistance, legal action and violence associated with Adani’s coal mining activities and the controversy surrounding Adani’s acquisition of land, excessive water use, pollution and threats to endangered species.
Published in March 2023, this included evidence identified in the Museum’s own disturbing 12-page due diligence report into the Adani Group – but which the Museum has never disclosed to its Trustees. It was posted to all current and recent Trustees of the Science Museum Group on 24 March 2023.
You can view a pdf version of the book here.
References & Further Information
- Investigation overview: How the Science Museum ignored its own research on Adani to sign sponsorship deal
- Timeline: How the Science Museum’s Director dismissed its own research on Adani – and forged ahead with new sponsorship deal
- Analysis of the Science Museum’s Adani due diligence reports
- The Science Museum’s due diligence report on Adani Group, December 2020
- The Science Museum’s due diligence report on Adani Green Energy, January 2021
For further information on Adani and the ongoing campaign for SMG to drop its fossil fuel partnerships, see:
- Overview of the Science Museum’s Fossil Fuel partnerships, with Adani, Shell, BP & Equinor
- Fossil Free Science Museum